An old fashioned Fourth
In Saranac Lake, we love the 4th of July, and we celebrate with a parade and fireworks.
Fourth of July — At 10 a.m. we have a kid’s parade that ends in Riverside Park. Then at dusk, there’s spectacular fireworks display over Lake Flower.
Don’t stop there:
- Live entertainment: Pendragon Theatre is in full swing and will have a couple of wonderful choices, in the evenings and weekend matinees.
- Music: Bluseed Studios invite the finest musicians and entertainers to fill their space with music, whether they are one of our hometown stars or internationally known. Our Thursday Celtic nights at the visitor center are also locally famous.
- Culinary events: We have an abundance of locally sourced food and some very talented chefs. From organic wine tastings to heritage cooking classes, sample our best!
- Art: Our many galleries and exhibition spaces will be kicking off their summer season with openings and new pieces.
- Nature: Our Visitor Interpretive Center will offer birding hikes, nature walks, and fun workshops.
- History: Tour our Great Camps and the cure cottages and laboratories, which were once state-of-the-art in disease research.
- Wellness: A boat ride with a massage? A hike with yoga? We like fun combinations.