You are invited to one of the biggest celebrations of the arts in the North Country this New Year's Eve! If you’ve attended before, you know what a great time everyone has ringing in the New Year at this family friendly annual event. Join hundreds of other revelers who’ve been celebrating together for the past eleven years. More than a dozen acts at 10 different venues throughout the community will entertain you with some well known names and some new-this-year performers.
The many talented artists who bring a rich cultural scene to our region offer music of many genres from 6 p.m. until midnight. At midnight, we drop the ball on the old year on River Street and celebrate with a vibrant fireworks show over Lake Flower to ring in the new year.
The price of a First Night button until December 30th is only $15 for adults and $7 for teens. Children 12 and under are free. The button gains you access to all performances at all venues during First Night. On the day of the event the price increases to $20, so buy those buttons early! You can find them at these local businesses:
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise
- Ampersound Music
- Blue Line Sports
- Coakley High Peaks Hardware
- Saranac Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Placid Price Chopper
- Lake Placid Visitors Bureau
Buttons will be available for purchase in person at First Night Headquarters at the Harrietstown Town Hall starting at 10 a.m. on New Year's Eve.
Seating is on a first come, first served basis, and all sites will be emptied before the next audience is admitted. Each performance begins on the hour. Since many performance take place in houses of worship, please afford proper respect.
Welcome in the New Year
Join in the countdown to midnight on River Street with Saranac Lake's unique snowflake drop, courtesy of the Saranac Lake Fire Department. Fireworks begin at midnight over Lake Flower.
- Harrietstown Town Hall, 39 Main Street, from 5pm-11pm, will offer lots of delicious treats to enjoy while taking a break
- First United Methodist Church, 19 Church Street, from 5pm-11pm, will offer coffee, tea, spiced cider, assorted snacks and bottled water
- Adirondack Carousel, 2 Depot Street, from 4pm-9:30pm, will offer hot food and an assortment of hot and cold drinks
Shuttle Bus Service!
Transportation will be provided to and from:
- Pendragon Theatre
- Saranac Village at Will Rogers
All buses will depart from the central downtown parking lot on Main Street, beside Wholesale Furniture, at 10 minutes before the hour.