Fri, 06/29/2018 10:00 amSat, 06/30/2018 10:00 amSun, 07/01/2018 10:00 amFri, 07/27/2018 10:00 amSat, 07/28/2018 10:00 amSun, 07/29/2018 10:00 amFri, 08/31/2018 10:00 amSat, 09/01/2018 10:00 amSun, 09/02/2018 10:00 amFri, 09/28/2018 10:00 amSat, 09/29/2018 10:00 amSun, 09/30/2018 10:00 amFri, 10/26/2018 10:00 amSat, 10/27/2018 10:00 amSun, 10/28/2018 10:00 amFri, 11/30/2018 10:00 amSat, 12/01/2018 10:00 amSun, 12/02/2018 10:00 am
Saranac Lake ArtWorks presents a its 12th annual Studio Tours. For the second consecutive year, the tours will run the last weekend of the month for six months, from June to November. Saranac Lake area artists and artists in the surrounding towns open their workspaces up to the public to view their creative process in action. See works in all phases of progress and watch artists demonstrate their techniques in a vast array of styles and mediums. Each month map-flyers will be available for the particular artists who will be participating for that weekend.
The Studio Tours showcase the wealth of talent and creativity that makes Saranac Lake an arts destination in the Adirondacks. This is a unique opportunity for visitors to learn about each artist’s process, inspiration, and materials, see works in all stages of progress, and watch artists demonstrate their techniques in a wide variety of styles, subjects, and media including painting, pastel, ceramics, printmaking, woodcarving, fused glass, photography, fiber art and more.
- Studio Tours are self-guided and free to the public. Create your own tour by choosing the artists you want to see and look at the map to find their location.
- Studio Tour hours are 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some galleries may have different hours, so please call or check individual gallery websites for business hours.
- Each month, different artists will be participating on different days, so please be sure to check the schedule for each artist you want to visit when planning your tours.
- Look for ArtWorks Studio Tour banners and directional signs to guide you to participating locations.
- Many studios and galleries in downtown Saranac Lake are within walking distance or a short drive of each other. To visit artists throughout the surrounding region, check the map and each artist’s participating dates to plan your own driving tour.
- You can print this page and/or the Artist List and Map. Create your own route by circling the Studios you wish to visit on your map. Or, use your smart phone and click on the Links.
- If a certain studio is not participating on a day you take the Tour, you may also contact the artist directly. Most welcome visitors by appointment.
- The Studio Tours have been going on since 2008. Come and shop for unique, one-of-a-kind works of art.
This project was made possible, in part, by the Essex County Arts Council's Cultural Assistance Program Grant with funding provided by Essex County.
BluSeed Studios/Saranac Lake ArtWorks receives support form the new York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.