Part of the heart and soul of Saranac Lake is its art community. You can see it in the walkable downtown and in talking to the residents - here are 5 simple ways to experience it during your next visit:
- Live Performances! - The Pendragon Theatre is an award-winning professional theatre, the only year round professional repertory in the Adirondack Park. They offer a full range of live performance, from revived Broadway classics to family-friendly seasonal offerings.
This December, it's a Peter Pan Christmas!
- Live Music! - Enjoy Live Music Performances at Bluseed Studios and at Restaurants and Bars in town.
- Starving Artist Sale and Exhibit! - Bluseed Studios is hosting a spin on traditional ‘craft fairs’ November 22 through December 28th. Local artists, including the local colleges’ art clubs will be displaying artwork for sale in time for the holidays. All work will be priced at $100 or less with the focus to provide great art at great prices.
Bluseed Studios, Saranac Lake Artworks, the Adirondack Artists Guild and the Paul Smith’s VIC Center present a variety of art shows and events that dot the calendar all year round.
- Learn To! - Bluseed Studios hosts a wealth of workshops for adults, children “bluseedlings” and families to attend. This season check out their Holiday Family Workshops!
- Tour the Downtown - Saranac Lake has a rich artistic atmosphere and the downtown is no exception. Throughout the business district you will find shops, galleries, art displays, local art in the restaurants and even the artists themselves.