The Chamber would like to provide this page as a clearinghouse for those seeking jobs in the Saranac Lake area and businesses looking for workers..
Employers: If you have positions open, feel free to send us the information and who to contact and we will gladly post it here.
More Job Openings can be found through our local paper, the Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Parish Coordinator/Secretary at St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Status: Seeking a part-time Parish Coordinator/Secretary to play a pivotal role in the daily operations of the parish
Department: Parich Coordinator
Reports to: Rector and works closely with the church leaders
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the initial point of contact of all who call or visit during the week, respondings or redirects with warmth, care, and discretion
- General clerical work; answering phones; producing weekly service bulletin and special service materials, with utmost attention to detail
- Maintaining internal and external calendars, including scheduling liturgical assignments
- Maintaining parishioner contact information
- Managing typical office activities, including mailings, supplies, and office equipment
- Scheduling building use and keeping track of keys
- Managing electronic and non-electronic communications, including email, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office; Facebook and Website content management experience is a plus)
- A commitment to teamwork, and a high degree of professionalism
- Successful candidate will have patience, flexibility, discretion, and good humor to deal with a variety of personalities in a faith-filled environment
Send letter of interest, resume, and references to: The Rev. Ann Gaillard, Rector, Church of St. Luke, 136 Main Street, Saranac Lake, NY 12983; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Assistant at Tri-Lakes Center for Independent Living
Status: Seeking an Administrative Assistant with strong clerical experience, strong customer service skills and friendly personality. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Department: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer, screen and transfer phone calls
- Greet, screen and direct and/or schedule appointments for visitors
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Documentation audits
- Maintain and utilize electronic and hard copy filing system
- Maintain an appointment calendar
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Order and maintain office supply inventories
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Work closely with bookkeeper and director
- Light house-keeping
- Required experience: Clerical work, Customer Service, Human Services: 1 year
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
Education and Experience:
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or via mail at 43 Broadway, Suite 1, Saranac Lake, NY 12983. Our phone number is (518) 891 5295, please ask to speak with the Executive Director.
Please visit us at www.TLCIL.org