A COOL ADIRONDACK WINTER
Saranac Lake is all about cool and there’s nothing cooler than the area’s wintertime scenery as glistening snow blankets the village and surrounding mountain peaks. With miles of lakes, mountains, and trails, there are endless options to get out and experience it all.
- Explore Saranac Lake’s Artistic side, visit galleries and check out the area’s workshops and learning centers.
- Snowshoe a mountain with a view - it doesn’t have to be a big outing, try one of the Saranac Lake 6ers for a quick hike.
- You may have to leave your canoe and kayak at home this time of year – but break out the ice skates and Nordic skates to explore the miles of frozen water.
- Don't forget your fishing rod - from salmon and trout to bass, pike and perch, you'll find many reasons to wet a line here!
- Slow down with a health and wellness getaway, and see why Saranac Lake is one of the Northeast's pioneering health resorts.
COOL SARANAC LAKE WINTER EVENTS
Celebrate winter with cool art events from the Pendragon Theatre, Bluseed Studios and the Adirondack Artists Guild; check out the 26th Annual Sparkle Village Craft Fair or the biggest party of the year - the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival. There are great family-friendly events this winter in Saranac Lake, including festivals, concerts and much more!
Escape the city - Saranac Lake is closer than you think
A scenic drive from New York City, Boston & Montreal, the community of Saranac Lake welcomes visitors year-round. Cape Air provides daily flights from Boston directly to the Adirondack Regional Airport, just a few minutes from the village.
Saranac Lake in the News
"For me, nothing surpasses the subtle panorama of the changing light over the Adirondack Mountains," a quote from Florence Short and a Saranac Lake Article in the June/July 2012 issue of National Geographic Traveler.
The New York Times has included the Adirondacks as one of the Top 46 Places to Visit in 2013!