What Makes Saranac Lake So Cool?
Saranac Lake is all about cool and there’s nothing cooler than the area’s wintertime scenery as glistening snow blankets Saranac Lake and surrounding mountain peaks. With miles of lakes, mountains, and trails- there's always options to experience it all. Enjoy all the outdoor opportunities Saranac Lake has to offer while on vacation!
- Explore Saranac Lake’s Artistic side- visit galleries, studios, entertainment & live music venues
- Snowshoe a mountain with a view - try one of the Saranac Lake 6ers for a quick hike.
- Break out your ice skates and Nordic skates to explore the miles of frozen waterways.
- Don't forget your Ice fishing rod - from salmon and trout to bass, pike and perch, you'll find many reasons to wet a line here!
- Slow down with a health and wellness getaway, and see why Saranac Lake is one of the Northeast's pioneering health resorts.
Events & Travel Planning
Celebrate winter with cool art events from the Pendragon Theatre, Bluseed Studios and the Adirondack Artists Guild. There are great family-friendly events this winter in Saranac Lake, including festivals, concerts and much more! Plan your vacation and learn more about what's going on including nightlife and activities through our blogs.
Escape the city - Saranac Lake is closer than you think
A scenic drive from New York City, Boston & Montreal, the community of Saranac Lake welcomes visitors year-round. Cape Air provides daily flights from Boston directly to the Adirondack Regional Airport, just a few minutes from the village.
Spring & summer in Saranac Lake
Spring in the Adirondacks is just around the corner, opening up new seasons of activities and events. It's never to early to explore paddling and biking in Saranac Lake, along with our endless other outdoor recreation adventures.