Road bikes, mountain bikes and tandems - there are numerous ways all ages can explore the Saranac Lake area on two wheels. Choose from short jaunts through historic downtown Saranac Lake, longer routes alongside lakes and around mountains, or freeride trails on a mountain bike.
Cycling around Saranac Lake
- Ride to Donnelly's Corner for an ice cream and enjoy a gentle excursion along the Bloomingdale, Onchiota, and Gabriels loop
- Take in panoramic mountain views during a cruise in the Norman Ridge area
- For more of a challenge, tackle the route to Franklin Falls and loop through Wilmington and Lake Placid
Find Dirt for Mountain Bikes
- Explore 5.5 miles of new mountain bike trails opened at Dewey Mountain
- Enjoy the scenic Bloomingdale Bog and ride on 10.5 miles of sand, dirt and gravel trails that take you along an abandoned railroad
- Head to Mt. Pisgah and ride the new family-friendly mountain bike trails added summer 2013
Biking Gear in Saranac Lake
Stop by New York’s largest tandem bicycle shop, Gear to Go Tandems, right in downtown Saranac Lake for gear, route ideas, maps and more!
Find more information about Saranac Lake's Adirondack bike routes below.