Home sweet home
For those of us fortunate to call Saranac Lake home, we are met with multitudes of ways to keep busy—everything from a walk in the park, to hikes with stunning views, to high octane snowmobiling. Any local who is interested in the arts is in luck! Visual and performing artists live and work in Saranac Lake's lively downtown and surrounding area. And for those of us who love the flavors and textures that come with every dining experience, exciting, locally-owned and operated restaurants and breweries thrive here. Saranac Lake extends its warm, world-renowned hospitality to all of its visitors.
Saranac Lake has got what you need
Yes, Saranac Lake is beautiful, and there are endless outdoorsy options, but what's it really like to live here? Of the 103 communities in the Adirondacks, Saranac Lake is the coolest one!
Saranac Lake has been touted by National Geographic Adventure Magazine as a "Best Place to Live." With a natural environment that's a water-lover's paradise, rich history, vibrant art scene, and an intact and resilient downtown, it is easy to see why.
Saranac Lake was awarded All-America City designation in 1998, as well as making the National Trust for Historic Preservation's Distinctive Destinations list in 2006. But don’t just take our word for it. Read what others are saying about us:
- Outside: The Best Weekend Escapes of 2017
- Reader’s Digest: The Most Incredible Summer Bucket List Ideas You Don’t Want to Miss Out On
- Gotham Magazine: 7 Charming Small Towns in New York Worth a Drive To
- CNN Travel: Rough it like a Gilded Age millionaire in the Adirondacks
- Pop Sugar: Leaf It to Us - 21 Places to See the Most Spectacular Fall Foliage in America
- The Hindu: The audacity of the wild
- Only in your State: This Might Just be the Most Peaceful Town in all of New York
- Ecophiles: Prettiest Towns in America for Your Fall Trip
- Ecophiles: These Epic New York Adventures will Take Your Breath Away
- WCVB Boston: Mirco-escape to the Adirondacks
- Meet the locals
- Real Estate
- Town of Harrietsville
- Town of North Elba
- Town of St. Armand
- Village of Saranac Lake