White Pine Camp - Classic Adirondack Lodging
- 432 White Pine Road PO Box 340Paul Smiths, NY 12970
Welcome to White Pine Camp, a lovingly restored Adirondack Great Camp that once was the 1926 Summer White House of President Calvin Coolidge.
White Pine Camp offers a year-round retreat in unparalleled natural surroundings. Here, guests receive the key to peace and tranquility and a place to recharge the spirit. When you stay at White Pine Camp, you may choose from 13 distinctive cabins and cottages with soaring roof lines, hand-built Adirondack style furniture, stone fireplaces or wood stoves, and breathtaking views. Two cottages are pet-friendly, and most have private porches or patios.
Also, as a guest, you have total and unlimited access to all our facilities: Great Room, Japanese Tea House, Bowling alley and Pool room, Tennis House, Boat houses and Outdoor Decks.
White Pine Camp Activities:
- Boating: walk down to one of our two boathouses and grab a canoe, rowboat or kayak.
- Hiking: The camp has extensive walking paths and good Hiking Trails are just minutes away.
- Swimming: Enjoy an invigorating dip in Osgood Pond.
- Fishing: Catch Small and Large Mouth Bass right off the tea house bridge. Excellent Ice fishing too.
- Vintage Bowling: Compete in an alley used by the President himself... as long as you set your own pins.
And don't forget to bring a good book. White Pine Camp literally has dozens of indoor and outdoor hideaways to while away a lazy afternoon - be it by a roaring fire in the "Great Room," on a rustic bench in our Alpine garden, or in our iconic Japanese tea house on a tiny island accessed by a 300-foot wooden bridge.
The camp is surrounded by state land and the St. Regis Canoe Wilderness, with some of the most extensive paddling routes in the country. And, "down the street" is Paul Smith's College, where you are welcome to enjoy the fitness center, cafe and the Visitor Interpretive Center (VIC) on snowshoes, cross-country skiing, bird watching and back-country hiking. The village of Saranac Lake is nearby for a decidedly different downtown adventure.