We look forward to welcoming you back to our mountain village when the time is right is for you to travel comfortably and to enjoy the offerings in Saranac Lake. Although some businesses are open, we encourage all travelers to carefully research their options, be aware of what is open and what is not, and above all, to continue to practice safety measures.
The safety of our travelers and residents is our highest priority and we are committed to ensuring that every experience in the Adirondacks is the best it can be. We want you to have the resources and most up-to-date information so that you can make informed travel decisions.
TRAVEL ADVISORY - Please note New York State, New Jersey, and Connecticut have implemented a tri-state travel advisory that requires any individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. More information on the advisory, including the daily updated list of which states the travel advisory applies to, can be found on the COVID-19 travel advisory page.
Know Before You Go
The Saranac Lake Region — along with the rest of the Adirondacks — is currently in Phase 4 of reopening.
- What is currently open:
- Lodging properties and campgrounds - please check with individual campgrounds for specific operating information as not all properties are currently open
- Retail shops
- Restaurants are now offering indoor, outdoor dining, and takeout. Please be sure to check with the specific restaurant to confirm their specific offerings.
- Salons and barbershops
- Massage therapy
- Nail salons
- Tanning and waxing
- Construction, landscaping, and agriculture
- Administrative and professional services
- Real estate offices, including vacation rental offices
- Historic sites
- Wildlife refuge
- Historic sites and agritourism
- Check out the Saranac Lake Insider for the latest information on business offerings and other important information and opportunities.
- What is still closed:
- Indoor gyms and yoga studios
- See trail closures and other outdoor notices
- If you are hoping to visit a specific restaurant, retail shop, campground, or other location, please be sure to call the business directly to determine hours and if the business is open.
Please follow guidelines
- Despite the gradual reopening of businesses, it is important that all residents and visitors continue to observe safe practices. We truly appreciate your help by taking these simple measures.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth in public areas where you are not more than six feet away from others.
- Remain socially distant. Stay at least six feet away from others.
- Wash your hands often and when you cannot, sanitize your hands
- Respect capacity limits at businesses
Leave No Trace and #LoveYourADK
As we begin to explore the village of Saranac Lake and the amazing scenery and destinations around it, it's important to remember to show love and care for the great outdoors. Getting take out from a local restaurant? Be sure to recycle the packaging! Enjoying a campfire? Keep it in a fire ring! This is a great time to take the Love Your ADK pledge and help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
Kindness is the Adirondack Way
None of this can be done alone. No matter where we live, work, or play, we're all in this together. Let's remember to be kind to each other and send virtual hugs. We'll be better for it in the end.
Thank you for staying safe, and staying inspired!