The Adirondack Artists Guild Gallery has been on Main Street Since 1997. This co-op gallery has been exhibiting the finest artwork created in the Adirondacks. The 15 members have changed over the years, but all of them live and work in the area. There are new exhibits and featured artist receptions every month, year round, usually on the first Friday, from 5 - 7 pm. Stop in, check out the art, and chat with the artist on duty.
The work of 15 regional member artists is displayed, year round, in the gallery:
- Jacqueline Altman: watercolor paintings
- Meg Bernstein: acrylic paintings and mixed media
- Nancy Brossard: oil, plein air paintings
- Jeanne Danforth: drawings and paintings in various media
- Georgeanne Gaffney: acrylic paintings
- Sandra Hildreth: oil and watercolor paintings
- Suzanne Lebeda: watercolors, oils, drawings, and mixed media
- Barry Lobdell: photography
- Mark Kurtz: photography
- Anastasia Osolin: assemblages and collage
- Burdette Parks: photography
- Valerie Patterson: watercolors
- Mary Lou Reid: ceramics
- Toos Roozen-Evans: jewelry
- Eleanor Sweeney: photography
The Gallery is a host site for the 3rd Thursday ArtWalks, the Adirondack Plein Air Festival, and the Saranac Lake Studio Tours. Several members offer classes and workshops. Literary readings and artist presentations are also held at the Guild. Open 7 days a week in the summer; closed Mondays in the winter.
Bring a piece of the Adirondacks home in the form of an original work of art created in the Adirondacks!